California Primary Voting Information
Registering to Vote
Every time you move, you need to re-register at your new location. Not sure if you’re registered? Check your registration here.
Online voter registration for the 2020 primary closes on February 18
What you need:
- California Driver’s License or California ID
- Must be a US citizen and a resident of California
Note: students living on campus need to register using their mailbox number, not their room number.
This year, mail-in ballots do not need postage thanks to a new state law. You can either mail your ballot in early, or drop it of at either the mail-in ballot drop off location or any of the polling locations on election day.
On February 24–28 and on March 3 (election day), UC San Diego will have a mail-in ballot drop off in Price Center Study Room 5.
Campus Polling Locations:
If you didn’t choose to vote by mail, here are the on campus voting locations. You can also check your designated voting location here.
- Revelle College: Conference Room C
- Muir College: Mariposa Room
- Marshall College: Angela’s Place
- Warren College: Court Room
- Eleanor Roosevelt College: Middle Earth
- Sixth College: Dogg House
- The Village: Building 2 – Conference Room
- Mesa Nueva Graduate Housing: One Miramar Street – The Lounge
- Price Center East Ballroom (provisional polling location)
Questions? Reach out to: the UCSD Student Organized Voter Access Committee at email@example.com or the Office of the California Secretary of State Election’s Division.